2008 - 2009
Workshop in Analysis and its Applications
May 14 - 23, 2009
As a part of the annual thematic programme IISc Mathematics Initiative (IMI), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore will be organizing a workshop and conference in "Analysis and its Applications" at the Department of Mathematics, IISc. Workshop will be held from May 14 - 23, 2009. This will be followed by a conference from May 25 - 27, 2009
The workshop is aimed at advanced graduate students and young researchers. A tentative list of courses in the workshop are as follows:
1) Function algebras over groups: V. Muruganandam (Pondicherry University)
2) Transference of Fourier multipliers: Prasar Mohanty (IIT, Kanpur)
3) Wavelet analysis with applications: S. Jaffard ( University of Paris 12) and Patrice Abry (ENS Lyon)
4) Coherent states: S. Twareque Ali (Concordia University, Canada)
5) Operator theory/Function theory: G. Misra/ K. Verma (Indian Institute of Science)
6) Linear Lie groups and representations : A. Sitaram (IISc, Bangalore)
7) Hankel Operators : R. Rochberg (Washington University, St. Louis)
A number of other mathematicians are expected to visit the Department of Mathematics, IISc, Bangalore during this period.
If you are interested in attending the workshop please register at http://math.iisc.ernet.in/~imi/form-atp-harmonic.htm
Students and faculty from IISc who desire to participate in the theme programme will need to register.
Note: This web page will be modified continuously with updated information on paper submission and status, session themes, registration status and other details. So, please keep checking.